Monday, August 28, 2006

Proud to be Black Country

Aynuk is sitting at the side of the canal with a fishing rod.
He's sobbing like a baby.

Ayli approaches, and asks Aynuk why he's crying.

"Ov jus caught a wale" says Aynuk.

"But why are you cryin' my mate?" asks Ayli.

"There ay no spokes in it" replies Aynuk.



On another matter............. did you know the origin of the phrase 'paint the town red'?
Well, sit down and pin back your lug oles (or eyes, in this case).
Apparently, in 1837 the Marquis of Waterford and a group of friends ran riot in Melton Mobray, painting the town's buildings red (literally).
Now, I don't know about you, but I can't help myself. There must be a connection between this painting thing and pork pies. If you can make the connection, click on the comment button and let me know. Sad, isn't it.

I wish SOMEONE would click on the comment button. It's getting very lonely here in cyberspace.

In the meantime, ponder on this pearl of wisdom by a chap called Heraclitus (circa 500 B.C.)
"There is nothing permanent except change".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home