Friday, September 22, 2006

Noah's Ark

The rains came, and it was good (probably a dreadful misquote, but I won't bother to check it).
It was absolutely p-p-p-p pouring down today. Thank goodness our golfing lads in Ireland are not being put off by the weather. Hopefully we can give the Yanks a damn good thrashing, again.
One thing that gets my goat - white van man deciding to join us in the back seat of our car while we are travelling at 35-plus mph in pouring rain, going downhill, approaching a really awkward bend near Stourbridge Rugby Club, and I think the limit's only 40 mph in good weather! (not that we should speed in good weather). Good grief, I've only just got rid of my last lot of penalty points. I don't need any more. No, what I'm talking about is TAIL-GATING. Some dozy prawn in a white van (and I must stress, 12 months ago I was a white van man - it was my company, but I drove a van every day - that's what it's like in a small business) tail-gating to his heart's content. Silly, stupid? Call it what you like, but what's the point? I was leaving a decent distance behind the Volvo in front of me, and we caught up at the lights near the Stewpony anyway.

People have to learn the hard way I suppose. Once they've wrapped themselves round a tree they MIGHT not do it again. Only problem is, it's always the innocent that suffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home