Sunday, September 03, 2006

Raffle tickets and the French language

Our next-door neighbours very kindly bought some raffle tickets for our son's school today.

I will change their names to protect the innocent.

Jean leaned over the fence to collect a book of tickets from my good lady wife. She called to her husband, Malcolm, through the patio window, to ask for £2.50 for the book of tickets.

A minute later she exclaimed "oh, he's passing the money through the window in his pyjamas".

Funny place to have a window, isn't it, in your pyjamas.




On a completely unrelated matter, as Sarah Kennedy would say "apropos of absolutely nothing at all", I overheard 2 friends of mine (yes, I do have SOME) chatting about the French language.


Friend 1: I tried my French out at the restaurant the other night, but I'm hopeless. Can't remember anything from the evening classes. How do you say 'duck' in French?

Friend 2: Canard

Friend 1: I know it is, but don't use that language with me!




I know, I know, don't give up the day job.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home